Table of Contents
Bill Yoh was a seasoned corporate leader, but he had a lot to learn about leadership in the Kingdom. It was on a life-altering mission trip to Nicaragua that he learned a powerful new way of leading. That trip was the catalyst for a significant transformation, and ultimately led to his new book, Unvarnished Faith: Learning to Love with a Servant's Heart.
Click Play To Listen
Bill Yoh grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania and had a strong education. After spending most of his career working for the family business, he experienced a life-changing event when his mother passed away. This caused him to take his faith more seriously and pursue Christ with abandon. He wrote a book about his father and leadership, as well as a book about a mission trip he took to Nicaragua.
That mission trip helped Bill understand the importance of servant leadership, and the need to leave his privilege behind. He also learned the power of introspection and the importance of helping others tell their stories.
Listen to Discover
- How a mission trip to Nicaragua impacted Bill Yoh's perspective on leadership
- The power of servant leadership, and how it can be applied to organizations
- What could be gained from a faith-based management offsite to a developing country
Links & Resources
- Unvarnished Faith Learning to Love With a Servant’s Heart
- Bill’s Website
- Discover more about the trip and the book
- Anthologies from the Forefront – Volume One
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy
- You ARE Ministry with Dr. Nicole Davis
- When God Operates Differently than You Expect with Josh Barlow
- Fulfill Your Assignment, Not Your Potential with Mukwenda Kandole
About Bill Yoh
Bill Yoh is a seasoned leader and author of two books on leadership and faith. He has a Master's in Ministry and Theology, and is a passionate advocate for servant leadership.
About Leaders Moment
The world needs more great leaders, but leadership in God's Kingdom is upside down.
If you're looking for answers and insights from leaders who have served faithfully for years and decades, you've come to the right place. The FXMissions Leaders Moment podcast is for the everyday leader who's not chasing titles, accolades or personal gain. It's for the leader who wants to do the very best with what God's called them to, no matter how big or small it seems.
Start listening today and see what God does with it!