Table of Contents
When God shows us something, it's time to act on it, right? Well, as we look through Scripture, that's certainly not often the case. As Scott and Ken mention, sometimes we struggle to understand what God wants us to do and when. This struggle is meant to help us rely on God more fully. Otherwise, we are virtually guaranteed to make a mess of it as we try to do things ourselves. That's the struggle of being a forerunner. Scott and Ken discuss what a forerunner is, the challenges of being ahead of and alongside everyone else, and some pitfalls to be aware of.
Click Play To Listen
Navigating the Challenges of Being a Forerunner
Being a forerunner comes with a sense of isolation and many challenges. This role requires accepting change, which is often resisted because it disrupts routines. The role also involves advocating for change. To succeed as a forerunner, you need to have good judgment and understand the true nature of the challenges. It is important to work well with others and be patient, waiting for the right time according to God's plan.
Filling the Void with God
Many people attempt to fill the voids in their lives with temporary substitutes, neglecting the long-lasting satisfaction attainable through a relationship with God. This misconception often leads to a distorted view of God leading people to believe He is not dependable enough to fulfill their emptiness. Embracing an authentic relationship with God, devoid of adopting a religious facade, paves the way for individual uniqueness, purpose, and spiritual progression.
Listen to Discover
- Discover how religion as an end unto itself will inevitably lead us astray.
- Overcome the challenges of being a forerunner in your sphere of influence.
- Explore the power of filling the void with God for a more fulfilling life.
- Uncover the dangers of misplacing devotion and how to avoid them.
- Learn to discern God's presence and purpose in your life for greater clarity and direction.
Links & Resources
- Look out for the release of Anthologies from the Forefront: Religion and the Future and consider reading it for a deeper understanding of the topic.
- Explore the book Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins for inspiration on pushing yourself and embracing challenges.
- Find the message Escape from Christendom by Robert Burnell.
About Ken Brooks
Ken’s thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He believes that lifelong learning is the key to personal growth and leadership. Ken is known for his patience and wisdom. His personal journey shows that we grow the most when we actively pursue growth and knowledge. His passion for self-discipline and personal development inspires leaders, encouraging them to keep learning and growing.
About Leaders Moment
The world needs more great leaders, but leadership in God's Kingdom is upside down. If you're looking for answers and insights from leaders who have served faithfully for years and decades, you've come to the right place. The FXMissions Leaders Moment podcast is for the everyday leader who's not chasing titles, accolades or personal gain. It's for the leader who wants to do the very best with what God's called them to, no matter how big or small it seems.
Start listening today and see what God does with it!